Thursday, September 21, 2006

Disciple Now

this year was pretty good. Its kind of like a camp, but you stay at people's houses (called host homes) for three days, and even spend the night there. It started just a few days after I returned from Wichita, so I barely had time to catch my breath. (And then the next day after D-now, School began. Craziness!)

The theme was "Hold". Hold the hand that holds the world.

I was a little apprehensive about having to spend 2 whole days in the constant company of, let's just say, people that are all so much like each other, and nothing like me. A few try to reach out to my lost world, for which I am greatful for. But the truth is, we're just not on the same wavelength.

There was the traditional - "Why don't you talk more?" questions; the puzzled looks at my irrepressible thirst for solitude; the indirect way of poking bitter fun down my throat; and then the "let's straighten your hair!" party.

While I did enjoy myself, and I even found some people in other grades who are geeky like yours truly, I still came away from my 'host-home' feeling 'totally un-bonded'.

I try not to be bitter about it, but sometimes I can't help it.


What was amazing though, was that I got closer to the Lord. He put so many things in perspective for me, and laid it on my heart to be a missionary for Europe (specifically England and France). People don't usually go on mission there, because of the country's vast history of church, but the cold truth is that their population is dwindling, and many of them are turning to Islam for help. This breaks my heart. I love the lore and the language and the art and the music and the people and and and....
I love it all, and I so want to do everything within my power to help them to see the light of Christ!

Late at night, God and I giggle over plans. We have so much fun...its just awesome.


Here's a picture. See if you can spot me....(with my straight-hair and make-up...tee-heee!)



(and I DO have a matching shirt on- I'm not that much of an anarchist - but it was cold in the sanctuary)

No comments:

Order of the Phoenix Soundtrack

Powered By Blogger