Sunday, June 24, 2007

back

I returned this morning at 5am (or at least that's what they keep telling me - I'm so mixed up, I'd tell you it was noon, except that it's pitch-black outside. Hopefully I'll be all sorted out by the time I get to Wichita, so I won't wake up at 3am, wanting to play a game of cards or something.)
Anyway, although I miss New Mexico, I'm glad to be home. I missed my kitty, and my comic books, and my own quilt. The quiet here is almost too quiet. I've gotten used to insanely loud stuff almost 24-7. Get this - if you were a good kid, and went to bed and got up when you were supposed to, you only got 6 and a half hours of sleep. Now calculate: annoying room-mates, zoo animals for neighbors, electricity problems, and having a hard time winding down after partying all day.
That's more like 3 hours.

But somehow this hobbit survived, and I wrote letters in every spare moment I had, so those will be sent out soon. (No, I don't feel like waiting. I don't like waiting.) I was my usual Nuwanda-self, running around with red-lipstick war paint, breaking rules and climbing trees. I SORELY missed the fellowship, though. Now-a-days, I feel at peace, and I'm okay with being so independant. But at camp, all that disappeared, and every waking moment, and even sleeping moments, the fellowship was on my mind. I dearly wanted to share this with you guys. I took a lot of pictures, but it's just not enough.

For starters, (and maybe this was part of my problem) the area looked just like Fangorn Forest. Big, green roling hills and mountains - Huge Willows and Pines and Aspens....
In fact, I was listening to the BBC radio program of the Two Towers, and I woke up to Tree-beard yelling, so I sat up and looked outside, and nearly had a coronary. I half expected Isengard to be on the other side!

Well, I'm about to go get dessert with my family. I'm listening to the beatles right now. It's great.
Well, signing off,
with love,
Maddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you're back! Woot, woot! *hugs* Sorry you missed us too much. I hope you did enjoy it some, with out bittersweet stuff getting in the way. Love you lots, sister-friend. Hope the dessert was good!-Jo

Order of the Phoenix Soundtrack

Powered By Blogger